The 3rd Annual ASPRS Student Poster Competition
May 13-14, 2013 | Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center, New Orleans, La.
This year’s workshop will feature the annual Student Poster Competition!
The American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (Mid-South Region) is once again sponsoring the contest with cash and membership prizes for the winning entries. Students are encouraged to submit posters depicting their work from class projects, thesis or dissertation work, or individual research.
Download flyer here
- Posters should clearly define a research study, map, coursework-related project, personal interest, or other process which incorporates remote sensing and/or geographic science and technology
- Students may submit one poster for the competition
- Posters should be no larger than 42” x 60”
- Presenters will be provided with an easel and foam core board
- All poster presenters must be registered before the poster is displayed
- Submission deadline is midnight May 12, 2014
Judging and Awards:
- Posters will be judged on scientific and technical merit, effective design and use of cartographic principles, & overall impression/quality of work
- Student posters will be judged by a panel of experienced geographic information specialists during the LA RSGIS workshop
- Students must be present during judging to answer questions
- Cash prizes will be awarded: $200 First, $100 Second, $50 Third place poster. Also a one year membership to ASPRS
- Contest winners will be announced during the awards ceremony
Questions about the student poster competition may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org